Mary Seacole Local Programme
The Mary Seacole Local Programme is a six-month leadership development programme designed by the NHS Leadership Academy in partnership with global experts the Hay Group, to develop knowledge and skills in leadership and management.
The concept of learning how to be a leader when you’re in the thick of your day to day responsibilities can seem rather abstract, but the Mary Seacole Local Programme is grounded in reality and results in real workplace application.
It aims to provide the balance between learning leadership theory and putting it into practice. Designed for those looking to move into their first formal leadership role, or those new to first time leadership, it empowers people to turn their individual success into consistent team success and to champion compassionate patient care.
Who is the Mary Seacole Local Programme for?
The Mary Seacole Local Programme is for first time leaders in Health and Social Care, or those aspiring to their first formal leadership role.
It’s for you if you’re:
- Wanting to improve Health and Social Care outcomes for the people of Nottinghamshire through great leadership
- Looking to move into your first leadership role
- In a ‘formal’ position of leadership with responsibilities for people and services
What you’ll experience
The programme is six months duration requiring 100 hours of online study, 3 face-to-face workshops delivered locally by highly experienced and skilled leadership facilitators, drawn from across the Nottinghamshire system. Learning is accessed through:
- The NHS Leadership Academy’s Virtual campus. There are 12 Modules which include films, interactive content, discussion forums and online resources
- Three one day face to face skills workshops delivered within Nottinghamshire
For further information about the Mary Seacole Local Programme email: ODConsultancyTeam@nottshc.nhs.uk.